Saturday, September 20, 2008

Laugh At It All...

So you may or may not know that the song "Laugh" is a true story; it was written about a random conversation I had with an older woman named Besedka. She and I have since become really great friends. I call her for advice, and sometimes just to chat. Whenever I'm up north in San Fransisco, I stop by her apartment to have tea and catch up. Besedka is now 83 years old, but if you talked to her you'd never know it. She has such a vibrant, beautiful way about her...anyway, I recently finally got a chance to play the song I wrote about her in her presence. I hoped it brought her joy to see that she has had such a positive influence on me. What was her reaction? She laughed the whole time. She thought the song was great, but hilarious. And so she lives her own advice, haha...

No comments:

Post a Comment